Aug 19, 2004 at 08:11 PM
- To promote and assist in the training of the Irish Water Spaniel to work in the shooting field as an all round, multi purpose gundog, bearing in mind the breed’s origin as a hunting, retrieving, wildfowling and water dog, whilst recognising its classification by the Kennel Club.
- To organise classes, working tests and field trials, both breed confined and in conjunction with other breed societies and gundog Clubs.
- To provide Irish Water Spaniel owners with practical help and organised events.
- To promote the breeding of the pure, sound and healthy Irish Water Spaniel, free from hereditary faults.
- To maintain the description of the true type as approved by the Kennel Club, and to urge breeders to adhere to the published breed standard.